The Island has its own St Helena currency, generally equivalent to the value of the British sterling pound.
Foreign currency may however be exchanged at the Bank of St Helena, which provides a number of domestic and international services.
Corporate Finance takes the lead in the effective and efficient management of public finances on St Helena for the long term sustainability and economic growth of the Island and oversees the financial management framework and controls that ensure that the Government is accountable to the Legislature and the public in the management and use of public resources.
This role includes the provision of evidenced-based financial advice to decision makers, ensuring that our systems and processes facilitate trade and business within the economy, the security and collection of key revenues for the Island and the delivery of front line services to the public like Social Security, Pensions, Registry services and Licensing.
Corporate Finance, through HM Customs & Excise and Port Control, is also responsible for the safety and security of goods and people passing through the two major gateways to the Island, by sea and by air, and for ensuring that effective border control measures are in place in collaboration with other border control agencies to protect and safeguard the local community and businesses.
Corporate Finance Documents
St Helena Financial & Performance Accounts
- Budget Execution Report (P11 Feb 2021)
- Budget Execution Report (P10 Jan 2021)
- Budget Execution Report (P9 Dec 2020)
- Budget Execution Report (P8 Nov 2020)
- Budget Execution Report (P7 Oct 20)
- Budget Execution Report (P6 Sept 2020)
- Budget Execution Report (P5 Aug 2020)
- Budget Execution Report (P4 July 2020)
- Budget Execution Report (P3 June 2020)
- Budget Execution Report (P2 May 2020)
- Budget Execution Report (P1 April 2020)
- SHG Quarter 2 Performance Report to 30 September 2020
- SHG Quarter 1 Performance Report to 30 June 2020
- Rolling Procurement Plan Report – 7 March 2019
- Procurement Regulations Version 1 – 4 April 2018
- St Helena Government e-Procurement System (external)
For older Corporate Finance Documents, please visit the Corporate Finance Document Archive.