Central Support Services is involved in all aspects of St Helena Government and underpins, leads and empowers operational delivery and strategic direction.
Central Support Services comprises Finance, Policy and Planning, Corporate Support, Internal Audit, Human Resources and Organisational Development, and IT and Communications.
Whilst the Internal Audit function sits under the umbrella of Central Support Services, it retains its independence and the Head of Internal Audit reports directly to the Chief Secretary.
Central Support Services is responsible for a number of statutory, advisory and support functions that are conducive to good governance.
Our key priorities are to:
- Drive SHG’s Digital Transformation Agenda
- Ensure effective corporate governance arrangements are in place to achieve St Helena’s overarching goals and objectives
- Create an enabling environment that is conducive to economic growth
- Encourage and facilitate openness and transparency across SHG
- Maximise revenue generating opportunities
- Enable and support policy makers, directorates and the public to make better decisions.