The Emergency Planning Department is part of the Safety, Security and Home Affairs Portfolio.
The Emergency Planning Team is responsible for:
- Producing Emergency Response Plans for Major risks as Identified by the Island Risk Register
- Co-ordination of the St Helena Resilience Forum and task and finish sub groups
- Multi–Agency training and exercising of key personnel in response to Major Incidents
- Liaising with all SHG Directorates and private agencies in coordinating resources that may be required to deal with Emergency Incidents that may affect the communities and infrastructure of the Island
- Co-ordination and Liaison at Silver and Gold Command during any Emergency Incident
- Liaising with the Airport Authority to assist with Emergency Planning, training and exercising in order to meet Airport Licensing and Operations
- Provide advice on business continuity planning
- Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations
The Emergency Planning Department is located within the Sea Rescue Base at Rupert’s Bay.
- Emergency: 999
- Office: (290) 25052
- Radio (VHF Channel 16) Call Sign: ECHO1