20 January 2016 | Comments
In a Proclamation issued today, 19 January 2016, Acting Governor Sean Burns has announced that a Bye-election to fill a seat on Legislative Council – vacated by Mr Leslie Baldwin – will take place on Wednesday 23 March 2016.
The public is reminded that to vote in the Bye-election or to stand for election to Legislative Council, your name must be on the Register of Electors, printed in the Extraordinary Gazette Notice, dated 1 July 2015.
There will however be a short window of opportunity to get your name on the Register and, in this regard, applications to amend the Register should be made on the prescribed form and returned to the Registration Officer, Gillian Francis, at the Castle, no later than 4pm on Wednesday 27 January 2016. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have St Helenian status – or be the spouse or life partner of such a person – and be ordinarily resident on the Island.
Forms can be obtained from the Registration Officer, Gillian Francis, at the Castle, from the Customer Service Centre, or from the following Assistant Registration Officers:
- Gina Benjamin
- Carol George
- Desmond Wade
And for Specific Areas:
- Jamestown – Robert Essex, Alicia Thomas, Olive Williams, Douglas Bennett
- Levelwood – Ronald Coleman, Pamela Joshua
- Longwood – Paula Moyce, Christina Henry
- Alarm Forest – Jane Augustus, Brenda Thomas
- Half Tree Hollow – Karen Yon, Michelle Yon, Connie Johnson
- St Paul’s – Alfreda Yon, Jackie Moyce
- Blue Hill – Stedson Francis, Georgina Young
- Sandy Bay – Alfred Isaac, Anita Legg.
- Ascension Island – Gerrilyn Crowie
You can check with these persons to see if your name is already on the Register.
Further information on the Bye-election will be issued in due course.
19 January 2016