Register of Electors

The public is reminded that following July’s General Election anyone eligible to be registered on the electoral roll can apply to have the Register changed; in particular, persons can have their name added, or to correct their name, address, or Polling District.

The opportunity to change the register is now possible.

Persons are eligible to be registered if they:

•have St Helenian Status or are the spouse or life partner of a person who has St Helenian Status;
•are over 18 years old; and
•are on St Helena and St Helena is their ordinary place of residence. (If someone’s normal home is on St Helena but they are temporarily absent, they might still be eligible).

There are some exceptions, such as mental incapacity or someone serving a prison sentence of 12 months or more.

In this case persons who are temporarily absent from St Helena for the purposes of employment, education, or medical treatment, but otherwise eligible, can still have their name registered. This only applies if they have been absent for less than 30 months and have been absent for less than 625 days in the last 30 months. There is a special form to be used, and this is available from the Registration Officer at No. 1 Main Street and from the Customer Services Centre and Public Library in Jamestown or via email:

The current Register of Electors for St Helena was effective from and published in an Extraordinary Gazette on 24 June 2013; copies can be viewed at No. 1 Main Street, the Public Library and at the Customer Services Centre, and on the St Helena Government website under Government Gazettes.

11 September 2013


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

St Helena Government Communications Hub

Telephone: 22470