The Health Services Directorate has advised that community spread of COVID-19 is expected at some stage after the quarantine requirements have been lifted. It is important that you are aware of the symptoms and signs of COVID-19 and what you should do to help yourself and/or others.
The symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a sore throat
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
- diarrhoea and/or vomiting
- muscle aches and pains
- shortness of breath
- unexplained fatigue
If you have any of these symptoms you are advised to:
- Isolate yourself at home
- Call the COVID-19 help line and state that you feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID (the COVID-19 helpline number will be made available shortly)
- Once you have called the helpline you will be triaged by a clinically trained responder who will decide whether you need an appointment for further assessment and a COVID test
- If you have a COVID test you will be given the result and advice appropriate to the test result.