25 July 2017
The public is reminded that applications for the Queen’s Young Leaders Programme are open until Monday, 21 August 2017.
The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme is now in its third year and aims to discover, celebrate and support exceptional young people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, leaving a lasting legacy for Her Majesty The Queen.
Young people nominated for an Award should be taking the lead in their community and using their skills to transform their own lives and the futures of others around them.
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2018. The applicant’s date of birth must fall between 1 January 1989 and 1 January 2000
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a commonwealth country or citizens of an overseas territory (of a commonwealth member)
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations – a teacher or counsellor, a registered physician or nurse, a church or community leader, social worker or family services or business leader). Referees must not be related to the applicant.
Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and their future ambition.
For more information, including how to apply and how to nominate a young person for the Queen’s Young Leaders Programme, please visit: https://www.queensyoungleaders.com/
25 July 2017