A Work Permit is required to work on a self-employed basis in St. Helena for a period in excess of six months. It does not allow entry to St. Helena. A Long Term Entry Permit is required for entry to St. Helena.

A Work Permit may be granted to a person who:

An extension of up to five years may be granted if the above conditions are met and the application is made three months before the expiry of the current Work Permit.

A work permit may cease to be valid if the worker is absent from St. Helena for a continuous period of more than six months, or if they cease to be the holder of a valid Entry Permit or an Exemption from Entry Permit.

How to Apply

1. Submit an application for a Work Permit, the relevant  Points Based System Assessment Form ( either the entrepreneur investor or the working migrant self employed and if applicable a Long Term Entry Permit application along with a copy of your passport biodata page and supporting evidence via email to the Secretary of the Immigration Control Board at kim.yon@sainthelena.gov.sh.

2. Upon a work permit being granted the relevant fee will be charged depending on the duration of the permit


Return to Immigration Front Page