A Short Term Entry Permit is required to visit or work on St Helena for less than six months and is generally granted on arrival.

An Entry Permit may be granted to a person who:

  • completes an application for a Short Term Entry Permit on arrival.
  • produces a valid passport which remains valid for at least six months from the expiry date of their entry permit
  • produces a return ticket for travel by sea or other means of departure from the Island
  • has valid medical insurance for at least £175,000 which includes aeromedical evacuation or other means to pay for treatment to cover themselves for the duration of their stay.
  • has adequate means to provide for themselves for the duration of their stay
  • is able to produce any other supporting evidence as requested by the Immigration Officer.
  • pays the relevant fee of £20.00 upon arrival

An extension of up to six months may be granted if above conditions are met and the application is made before the expiry of the current Short Term Entry Permit.

How to Apply

  1. Submit an application for a Short Term Entry Permit, supporting documents and payment in one of the following ways:
  • For visitors arriving by air: Immigration control point at St Helena Airport
  • For visitors arriving by sea: At immigration control points
  • For visitors on yachts: Notify Harbour Master upon arrival for further instruction
  • For visitors applying for extension: At the Immigration Office at Coleman House, Market Street, Jamestown.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate supporting documentation. If you have any query regarding the adequacy of your documentation you should contact Immigration ahead of your departure.

Email: emerald.newman@sainthelena.gov.sh or fiyanna.henry@sainthelena.gov.sh.

Please note that the fee for a Short Term Entry permit will be increased from £17.00 to £20.00 with effect from Tuesday 10 July 2018

If you are interested in finding out more about the tourist attractions on St. Helena or about booking a tour please follow this link >>>>>


Return to Immigration Front Page