APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Applications for the Queen’s Young Leaders Programme are now open until Monday, 21 August 2017.
Established by the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, in partnership with Comic Relief and the Royal Commonwealth Society, the Queen’s Young Leaders Programme is now in its third year and aims to discover, celebrate and support exceptional young people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, leaving a lasting legacy for Her Majesty The Queen.
Young people nominated for an Award should be taking the lead in their community and using their skills to transform their own lives and the futures of others around them. Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen. With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities.
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2018. The applicant’s date of birth must fall between 1 January 1989 and 1 January 2000
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a commonwealth country or citizens of an overseas territory (of a commonwealth member)
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations – a teacher or counsellor, a registered physician or nurse, a church or community leader, social worker or family services or business leader). Referees must not be related to the applicant.
Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
Governor Lisa Phillips said:
“This is a great opportunity for our budding young leaders to get some extra support through a year-long tailored programme. Everyone knows a young person who would benefit from such a prestigious award – someone who is already showing commitment to the community and who is already demonstrating leadership skills. Make someone’s day by suggesting they apply.”
All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and their future ambition. Award winners will be shortlisted by a panel made up of young people from across the commonwealth. The shortlist will then be presented to the Queen’s Young Leaders Programme Board, which contains members from all three partner organisations, for final selection and decision.
For more information, including how to apply and how to nominate a young person for the Queen’s Young Leaders Programme, please visit: https://www.queensyoungleaders.com/
11 July 2017