A Long Term Entry Permit is required to visit St. Helena for periods in excess of six months. It does not in itself allow you to work and you must also apply for permission to work (see section Working in St. Helena)

An Entry Permit may be granted to a person who:

  • completes a application for Long Term Entry Permit
  • produces a valid passport which remains valid for at least six months from the expiry date of their entry permit
  • produces a return ticket to their place of domicile
  • has valid medical insurance for at least £175,000 which includes aeromedical evacuation or any other means to pay for treatment to cover themselves for the duration of their stay
  • has adequate means to provide for themselves for the duration of their stay
  • provide a recent police clearance certificate from their place of domicile
  • is able to produce any other supporting evidence as requested by the Immigration Officer

An extension of up to five years may be granted if above conditions are met and the application is made three months before the expiry of the current Long Term Entry Permit.

How to Apply

1. Submit an application for a Long Term Entry Permit, a copy of your passport biodata page and supporting documents via email to the Secretary of the Immigration Control Board at Freda.Yon@sainthelena.gov.sh

2. Upon a Long Term Entry Permit being granted the relevant fee will be charged depending on the duration of the permit


Return to Immigration Front Page