An Immigrant Employment Certificate is required to employ migrants in St. Helena and can be valid for one to five years.

An Immigrant Employment Certificate may be granted to an employer who:

How to apply

  1. Submit a application for an Immigrant Employment Certificate, a Points Based System Assessment Form: working migrant and if applicable a Long Term Entry Permit application and supporting evidence via email to to the Secretary of the Immigration Control Board at
  2. Upon an Immigrant Employment Certificate being granted the relevant fee will be charged depending on the duration of the permit and the number of employee posts granted.


Return to Immigration Front Page