OFFICIAL LIST OF CANDIDATES
The Elections Ordinance 2009 provides for Nominations to be delivered to the Returning Officer not later than noon on the last day appointed for the Nomination of Candidates. The closing date for Nominations for the Bye-Election to be held on Wednesday 23 March 2016 was today, Wednesday 9 March 2016.
Returning Officer, Gillian Francis, this afternoon announced the names of two Candidates who will be standing for the upcoming Bye-Election and a seat on Legislative Council.
The Candidates are as follows:
• Per Mikael Olsson of Livery Stables, Jamestown
Sponsored by Vince Thompson of ‘April Cottage’, Putty Hill, Alarm Forest
and Tamasine Tanya Williams of Gordon’s Post, Alarm Forest
• Lionel George Williams of ‘Brenville’, Nr Half Tree Hollow, St Pauls
Sponsored by Gilbert Lester Legg of Bamboo Grove, Sandy Bay
and William Arthur Henry of ‘Rosemary Villa’, St Pauls
The full Declaration will be Gazetted as soon as possible and published on the SHG website.
Polling Day is set for Wednesday 23 March 2016. Polling Stations will be at:
• Blue Hill Community Centre
• Half Tree Hollow Community Centre
• Harford Community Centre
• St Mary’s Church, the Briars
• Kingshurst Community Centre
• Levelwood Community Centre
• Jamestown Community Centre, and
• Sandy Bay Community Centre
9 March 2016