13 June 2017
SHG has today published its full annual report for 2016/17, as well as a report summary. Both documents can be found on the Publications page of the SHG website: www.sainthelena.gov.sh/publications/
The annual report highlights SHG’s key successes in 2016/17 and the challenges ahead.
Key successes for 2016/17 included:
- Health & Wellbeing – The completion of the Hospital Redevelopment Project in July 2016
- Economic Development – Grant funding included: 45 Small-Medium Enterprise Grants, two Capital Investment Grants, Four Skills Development Grants and three Business Development Loans approved
- Education – In August 2016, seven young people began their tertiary studies in the UK – the largest overseas scholarship cohort in our history
- Transport – On 10 May 2016, St Helena Airport was granted an aerodrome certificate by regulator Air Safety Support International
- Utilities – Existing wind and solar assets continue to perform, providing impressive renewable energy yields
- Community & Housing – The St Helena Human Rights Commission is now established and the four Commissioners and staff are working with all stakeholders to ensure Human Rights are delivered on the Island
- Security – Recorded crime fell substantially in 2016/17 with high levels of satisfaction recorded by people who had called the Police for help
- Environment – A Marine Protected Area was designated for St Helena
- Efficient, Effective & Open Government – ‘Report it, Sort it’ has continued to be well utilised through the year, with a total of 93 reports received and dealt with
Chief Secretary, Roy Burke, said:
“For a small Island, we achieve remarkable things every day, in all walks of life. This report sets out a range of successes over the past 12 months in SHG and recognises the challenges we still face as we seek to deliver our promise set out in the 10 Year Plan. In order to improve continuously, we will keep on working collaboratively, often in the face of real difficulties, to achieve what is best for the people of St Helena.
“I am immensely proud of the staff who work for SHG and for the work they do to deliver very ambitious aims we set ourselves each year.”
A copy of the SHG Annual Report Summary 2016/17 is Attached to this press release.
#StHelena #AnnualReport #Successes #SHG
13 June 2017