Weather permitting, a charter flight, organised by Air Partner and carried out by SA Airlink will take place tomorrow, Wednesday 3 May 2017.
The British Aerospace 146 Avro RJ85 aircraft will be transporting affected passengers from Cape Town to St Helena and will also transport from St Helena to Cape Town those passengers who were impacted by the cancellation of Voyages 255 and 256 of the RMS, as well as passengers on V257 who have been affected by issues with the Airbridge to Ascension.
Below is the proposed schedule for tomorrow’s flight:
Wednesday, 3 May 2017
- Depart Cape Town (CPT) 08:00* (06.00 St Helena time) arrive Namibe Angola (MSZ) 10:20 (09.20 St Helena time) for fuelling
- Depart Namibe (MSZ) 11:00 (10.00 St Helena time) for St Helena (HLE) to arrive at 13:00
- Depart HLE 14:00 for Windhoek (WDH) to arrive at 18:50 (17:50 St Helena time)
- Depart WDH 19:30 (18.30 St Helena time) to arrive CPT at 22:40 (20:40 St Helena time)
* All times are local to the airports
St Helena Airport will be open from 10am on a first come, first served basis.
The landside restaurant will be open and people will be able to view the arrival of the flight from the viewing platform. Members of the public are also encouraged to use other viewing points such as Bradley’s and the Millennium Forest.
The check in time for outgoing passengers will be between 10.30am and 12.30pm.
The Airside Cafe will be open for departing passengers. There will be no airside access to anyone else unless you are part of the Airport operations.
A Q&A document is available on the Publications page of the SHG website: http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/publications/ Members of the public are encouraged to view the document which is being updated as new information becomes available.
2 May 2017