21 June 2019
The report on the review of Utility Services Provider, Connect Saint Helena Ltd (CSH), is now available on the St Helena Government (SHG) and CSH websites:
Key findings from the Review
- CSH’s performance indicates the company is achieving most of the main objectives set out in the divestments process and they are meeting the targets highlighted in the Utility Services Ordinance 2013 and Licence
- CSH is making substantive progress in providing much improved utility services to consumers and a firm foundation to becoming financially self-sustaining with the elimination of the SHG subsidy and the potential for privatisation
- The current framework for utility services provision is appropriately structured and working satisfactorily, with some room for improvement.
The review of CSH’s in-house systems and processes generally conclude that the Company is performing well and fulfilling its objectives. However, it is recognised that there is still more to be done and CSH will now, with relevant stakeholders, take forward the recommendations resulting from the Review.
Notes to Editors
BDO LLP was contracted by SHG to carry out a review of Connect Saint Helena Ltd. The key objectives were to:
- Produce a detailed report documenting the current status of Connect Saint Helena Ltd in terms of performance and governance
- Review the performance management processes and systems for identifying cost savings
- Review pricing metrics and identify how these could be regulated in future to provide a more sustainable footing for Connect Saint Helena Ltd; and
- Provide options and recommendations for future governance and oversight arrangement which SHG could put in place.
#StHelena #ConnectSaintHelena #Review
21 June 2019