17 November 2015 | Comments
On Sunday 7 February 2016 St Helena will be conducting a Population & Housing Census. The Census is a complete count of all houses on the Island and all the people who are staying in them on Census night.
The Statistics Office, which is developing the Census materials, will need support in delivering the Census and will appoint Enumerators who will be responsible for:
- Delivering the Census questionnaire to houses in an agreed area
- Providing support in completing the questionnaire if the household needs it
- Collecting the completed forms
We are looking for trustworthy individuals willing to act as Enumerators during the Census period. Interested people must be:
- Friendly, approachable and able to deal with potentially difficult conversations
- Patient and able to communicate clearly and provide support to households requiring help in completing the questionnaire
- Knowledgeable about the area in which you are working (Enumerators will be able to request particular areas in which they wish to work, but we will have to make sure that our team of Enumerators covers all areas of the Island)
- Reliable and trustworthy when dealing with confidential information.
Enumerators will be provided with training and support to ensure they are comfortable and able to carry out their duties effectively.
Enumerators will be paid at a favourable rate, taking into account their time, the number of households they visit and the amount of support they are required to provide. It is hoped to appoint Enumerators in time for training sessions in late January 2016.
If you are interested in becoming an Enumerator for this important exercise please contact any member of the Statistics team via email: (email@example.com), telephone 22138 or just pop into the Castle for an informal chat.
17 November 2015