Company: Solomon & Company (St Helena) PLC
Application Deadline: 7 February 2023
Salary: £12, 602 per annum (£1,050 per month)
To manage the day to day operations of the Lighterage Department as well as the cargo handling during ship operations.
Interested Persons Should:
• Have 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role, with strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to lead and develop a team.
• Have grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
• Be computer literate and confident with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Have the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Be experienced in data collation, analysis and able to create reports.
• Have cash handling experience.
• Be able to work in a fast-paced and high risk environment while ensuring health and safety standards are maintained.
• Be prepared to work outside of usual working hours and weekends during ship operations and available to attend unscheduled or emergency sea craft.
• Be knowledgeable of risk management and Health & Safety practices in a high risk environment.
• Have knowledge of maintenance and repair of marine assets.
• Be able to work independently and use own initiative to problem solve.