Friday 9 December 2016
A formal meeting of Legislative Council will take place on Friday 9 December 2016 at 10am in the Council Chamber. The session is expected to last two days and will reconvene on Monday 12 December. The meeting will be broadcast live via SAMS Radio 1.
The Order Paper includes 21 Motions, seven Questions and 21 Sessional Papers, including the Financial Statements for 2014/2015 and the following Bills for Ordinances:
- Food Safety Ordinance, 2016
- Second Supplementary Appropriation (2016/17) Ordinance
- Motor Vehicle (Third Party) Insurance Ordinance, 2016
- Public Dances (repeal) Ordinance, 2016
- Factories (repeal) Ordinance, 2016
- Bulk Fuel Agency (repeal) Ordinance, 2016
- Marriage Ordinance, 2016
- Financial Services (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016
- Road Traffic Ordinance, 2016
- Customs & Excise (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016
The meeting will conclude with the customary Adjournment Debate, when Councillors will have the opportunity to raise various issues relating to St Helena.
A copy of the Order Paper for Friday’s meeting can be found on the SHG website at: http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/committee-reports/ *
5 December 2016