Contract Type: 2.6 years, Fixed-Term
Company: RSPB - St Helena Cloud Forest Project
Application Deadline: 15 August 2021
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Pro Rata
Location: Flexible - UK and St Helena
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a great project team saving nature and inspiring
people in the UK Overseas Territory of St Helena. We think it’s probably one of the
best jobs in nature conservation!
We are looking for someone who understand and inspires people. Someone with real
vision, commitment, a passion for nature and a hunger for supporting people and
partners with protecting their globally important natural assets. We are looking for an
organised and driven person would can drive forwards one of our flagship projects in
the UK Overseas Territories, restoring St Helena’s cloud forests.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual, with the following skills and experience to bring to this exciting role:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject or ability to show equivalent work experience
- Experience in planning and implementing conservation measures on small islands
- Good understanding of conservation challenges on islands
- Competent IT user (e.g. MS packages, Outlook etc)
- Attention to detail and ability to understand financial systems.
- Cost and budget management experience
- Demonstrable leadership ability
- An ability to produce clear written communications
- An ability to persuade and influence a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrable ability to manage changes within projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Logical & methodical, analytical and a good eye for detail.
- Proven time management and organisational skills.
- Experience of leading and managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven track record in delivering multi-disciplinary projects