CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS TO PARTICIPATE IN READINESS TRIALS AT
ST HELENA AIRPORT
Basil Read is planning a series of trials to test operations at St Helena Airport. The trials will give Airport personnel the opportunity to put into effect their training, prior to the commencement of commercial flights to and from St Helena Airport. This is your opportunity to view St Helena Airport prior to its official opening.
- Saturday 30 April, Saturday 7 May and Friday 13 May have been set aside for operational readiness trials
We need your assistance in playing the role of passengers arriving or departing on a flight.
- We require 100 volunteers on each day to play the role of passengers
On each of the trial days we will ask volunteers to go through the Departures process. Following a short break, we will then reverse this and ask volunteers to go through the Arrivals process as if you have just stepped off a flight. At the end of the trial, we will ask for your honest feedback on how the Airport can improve its services in readiness for scheduled flights.
- Please contact Tessa Roberts at the Access Office to offer your help on one of the trial days. Tessa can be contacted on telephone 22494 or via email email@example.com
- Offers of help will be assigned on a first come, first served basis
- Any interested person can volunteer but we would ask that parents make bookings for persons under the age of 16
- You will need to bring along your Passport and your luggage
- You will also need to arrange your transport to and from the Airport, making this as realistic as possible as if it were a real flight. For example, would you have friends or family see you off at the Airport? – if so, they also have a role to play on the day
- Perhaps local tour operators might like to ‘book’ a tour group onto the flight? If so, please get in touch to help us test this scenario
- Final details, times and what to expect on the day will be provided to confirmed volunteers
‘Bookings’ will close on Wednesday 20 April 2016.
15 April 2016