DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – FRIDAY 30 JUNE
Applications for St Helena Government’s Future Leaders Programme close this coming Friday, 30 June 2017.
Chief Secretary Roy Burke reports that there has been a reasonable amount of interest in the programme but encourages more people to come forward. This challenging initiative will help staff enrolled on the programme to develop themselves and become future leaders within the Public Service.
Benefits to staff on the programme include:
- An increase in salary as soon as they are accepted onto the programme and a further increase if they successfully pass a six month probation period
- Tailor made training and development programmes to prepare them for future promotion
- The prospect of working in a variety of settings across SHG
- A chance to learn from others at SHG
- The opportunity to be part of a group of like-minded colleagues who are keen to support local development
Directors are urged to encourage staff with potential to be future leaders to take advantage of this exciting opportunity and allow them enough time to complete their applications.
Staff eligible to apply for the programme should be:
- Prepared to work hard
- Ambitious and keen to progress in their career
- Able to challenge the traditional way of doing things
- Keen to try new ways of thinking and working
- On Grade C or D
Once you have submitted your application, Corporate HR will review your application against the following criteria:
- Your motivation to join the programme – are you ambitious and career minded and want to develop within SHG?
- Your experience and preferences and how these fit with the future leaders abilities, people skills and personality/motivations.
If your application is successful, there will be an assessment centre or selection day. This will allow us to identify the most appropriate people to put forward to the programme.
Further details on selection day will be issued once the deadline for applications close.
Interested staff are encouraged to talk to their Line Manager or Director, or the Chief Secretary (Designate) Susan O’Bey, on tel: 22470 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the programme and applying, please visit the SHG website: http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/shg-future-leaders-programme/ or contact Bronwen Yon in Corporate HR via email: email@example.com
#StHelena #SHG #FutureLeaders
26 June 2017