The Emergency Planning Department is part of the Police Directorate and consists of the Emergency Planning Manager and Deputy Emergency Planning Manager, they are responsible for;
- Producing Emergency Response Plans for Major risks as Identified by the Island Risk Register.
- Co-ordination of the St Helena Resilience Forum and task and finish sub groups.
- Multi –Agency Training and Exercising of Key personnel in response to Major Incidents.
- Liaison with all SHG Directorates and Private Agencies in co-ordinating resources that may be required to deal with Emergency Incidents that may affect the Communities and Infrastructure of the Island.
- Co-ordination and Liaison at Silver and Gold Command during any Emergency Incident.
- Liaison with the Airport Authority to assist with Emergency Planning. Training and Exercising in order to meet Airport Licensing and Operations.
- Provide Advice on Business Continuity Planning.
In an Emergency 999
Radio- Channel 16- call sign ECHO1.