Talented professionals and public servants from St Helena are reminded that they have 12 days left to apply for a scholarship award under the UK’s flagship Chevening programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support for a Master’s level degree at one of the UK’s leading universities, beginning September 2015. They are awarded to outstanding individuals with leadership potential.
Awards may also be considered for other courses of a minimum of 3 months duration.
Those interested in applying should read the online guidance and be able to demonstrate how they meet the Chevening selection criteria before submitting an application.
Applications should be made online at www.chevening.org/apply
The deadline for applications is Saturday 15 November 2014.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, and intend to return there after your studies
- Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper second-class honours degree in the UK
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience before applying for a Chevening Scholarship
- Be able to meet the Chevening minimum English language requirement
- Be able to obtain the correct visa, and receive an unconditional offer from a UK university
The Chevening team are particularly interested to hear from applicants from St Helena who wish to study areas that will benefit the Island’s three national goals.
A Chevening Scholarship usually offers tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel to and from your country, and a thesis or dissertation grant.
Follow the St Helena Government Facebook page for regular updates on the Chevening programme.
3 November 2014