The Airlink Embraer E190-100IGW aircraft landed successfully at St Helena Airport at around 11.34am this morning, Monday 21 August 2017.
There were 34 persons onboard, the majority from Airlink. The team includes:
- CEO of Airlink, Rodger Foster
- The two flight crews that will operate the St Helena route
- Personnel from Airlink’s marketing team and ground operations team
- Five representatives from the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SA CAA)
- Representatives from tour operators, New Frontiers and African Ample Assistance
- Representatives from Mantis
The aircraft landed on Runway 20 at St Helena Airport after a six hour journey from Johannesburg, South Africa, incorporating a fuelling stop in Windhoek, Namibia.
A two day programme has been prepared to cover training and audits at St Helena Airport as well as various discussions with key stakeholders on-Island.
As part of the training programme, Airlink will carry out a series of flight trials at St Helena Airport this afternoon and tomorrow morning, Tuesday 22 August. The trials will include ‘circuits and bumps’ where the aircraft circles the runway, comes in to land, touches the wheels to the runway, and immediately takes off again for another circuit.
The flight is expected to depart St Helena tomorrow afternoon.
#StHelena #StHelenaAirport #Airlink
21 August 2017